Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mom's Birthday Gift

I love making gifts for my mom. She loves pretty much anything handmade, and I know her style pretty well. So I can get creative and come up with tons of things that I know she will like. She has a hoosier cabinet in her kitchen that she decorates beautifully every season. During the summer she usually has a small collection of beehive knick knacks displayed in her cabinet. I've been wanting to make something beehive related for a while to give her, and I decided to do this. (She really liked it.) It is a small about 5" square wall hanging.
I have recently rediscovered embroidery. I really dislike hand sewing, but for some reason I really enjoy embroidery. It's just something about seeing a picture come to life with color that I really love.

No comments:

Post a Comment