Thursday, June 12, 2014

Butterflies

So while looking for inspirations for décor for my daughter's room I spotted this on a new favorite blog of mine. Isn't she amazing? As soon as I saw her butterflies I knew I needed to make my own. I however used this pattern for my butterflies. I used a worsted weight so they came out the perfect size for what I wanted.


I love how they turned out. They are only two rounds, but they were kind of confusing as I was crocheting them because they look nothing like I thought they would. But as soon as I folded them in half, it's a butterfly! I also did a single crochet "stem" for the body and antenna which I slip stitched on.

I found some round wooden plaques at Joann's that were the right size for these butterflies. I whipped out my acrylic paints and did colors that were similar to the colors of my butterflies. Then I simply hot glued the butterflies to the plaques after the paint was completely dry. After hammering in sawtooth hangers they were ready to hang.


As you can see, I did a trio of butterflies. I just used yarn that I already had. So this was a quick, easy, and pretty inexpensive project that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment