Saturday, September 17, 2011

Long Break

Wow, I didn't realize I had been away from this blog for so long. It isn't that the summer has been outrageously busy, but it has been busy. The blog just didn't have priority. But that doesn't mean I haven't been creating and doing things, on the contrary, I have lots of things to share. One of the many things that I "discovered" was doll making. I have been an avid reader of Wee Wonderfuls for a while. I have been wanting her book ever since it came out. I had never made any kind of doll before, but hers made me want to try so bad. So on a whim one day I finally bought her book. I have already made 2 dolls with a third in progress.
 "Katie Kitty" was my first. I learned a lot with that one, but I do think it turned out well. I didn't give it any clothes because I didn't think my husband would appreciate our son playing with a cat in a dress, haha. LJ of course isn't really interested in it, yet (hopefully).
Pixie was fun to make. I think it turned out quite cute.
 Again, LJ isn't interested. Hopefully when he gets a little older (he is only 11 months old right now) he'll actually take notice of  the things that I have made for him. As for right now, all I can do is hope, and of course keep making things I think are cute and hope he will like later.

No comments:

Post a Comment