Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Knit Work Hats

The weather is starting (very slowly) to get colder.  So in anticipation of the -20 degree days we will be facing in just a few months I have gotten a jump start on making work hats for my hubby.  He works on natural gas wells, which means that he has to wear a hard hat, so I had to come up with something that would keep his head and ears warm, but still fit comfortably under the hard hat. My solution is just a simple beanie with a 2” ribbing for his ears. Then the thinner stockinette stitch fits nicely under the hard hat. I used Caron Simply Soft which is acrylic because it feels nice against the skin, but is fairly durable and machine washable. 
 He requested a plain green hat, and just to break up the monotony for me, I decided to do a little bit of color work. Yes, it is very basic, but is still some of the very first that I have done. I like how they turned out, and now I know that switching colors is easier than I first thought it would be.  Plus, the best thing is that my hubby Cody likes them very much too.

No comments:

Post a Comment